The Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn invite you to share in the 2017 Lenten journey. During the six weeks of Lent, Archbishop Christopher Prowse will present a series of reflections on the Gospel readings. These reflections will be based on the Lenten Sunday Gospels in Year A.
Each week participants will listen to a reflection from Archbishop Christopher, an audio presentation of the Gospel reading and personal faith stories from local Catholics. Included in each chapter is a set of questions for participants to reflect on and to initiate group discussions. Engaging in the program provides an opportunity for participants to reflect on their own conversion story.
Welcoming Jesus in Lent is a great resource for parish-based groups, prayer companions, staff reflections, families and individuals.
- Introduction: Brief intro by Archbishop Christopher Prowse
- Chapter One: week one – Matthew 4:1-11 – Temptation of Jesus
- Chapter Two: Matthew 17:1-9 – The Transfiguration
- Chapter Three: John 4:5-42 – The Samaritan Woman
- Chapter Four: John 9: 1 – 41 – The Man born Blind
- Chapter Five: John 11:1-45 – The raising of Lazarus
- Chapter Six: Matthew 26:14-27:66 – The Passion of Christ
- Chapter Seven: John 20:1-9 – Easter Sunday
Each Chapter includes:
- Archbishop’s reflection on the Gospel
- Sunday Gospel of Lent – Audio and text
- Discussion questions
- Archbishop’s summary
- Personal sharing related to the Sunday Gospel